Friday, November 14, 2014

Trangia Camp Stove Demo/Review KAYAKLOG:11-14-2014

After a twitter conversation with Dave @campcookout (www.campingstovecookout.com) today about the Trangia Alcohol stove, I thought I would do a demo/review of my 35 year old Trangia stove as I have never did a review or demo of this stove before.
I have used this stove to the fullest and am very happy with this stove and would highly recommend it for kayak camping or backpacking. This lightweight stove is awesome!  I look at the Trangia stoves at www.trangia.se and they have had very few changes to this stove through the years and they sure don't need to change anything. This stove will last you a lifetime and you can pass it on through generation to generation. There is nothing to go wrong with it. Nothing to wear out. Fuel is easy to get for it. I have used Rubbing Alcohol, Alcohol based cologne, whiskey, gas-line antifreeze and methyl hydrate to cook with and boil water on all my kayaking trips.

I have created this little timelaps video to show you how easily you can use the Trangia to boil water. To give you an idea.




some changes to the Trangia through the years but still remains basically the same.



LogDate: 11/14/2014
~GuyThaLizard http://www.GuyThaLizard.com http://www.KAYAKokanagan.com #KAYAKokanagan #Kayaking #Okanagan

No comments: